Here are ten reasons to attend or support the National Bloggers Bake Sale this Saturday, May 14 at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These are in no particular order, although I imagine you tend to think with your stomach, as I do.
1. You can buy and taste Paula Nino of Mango and Lime’s dulce de leche oatmeal cookies.
2. You can buy and taste my coconut sandwich cookies with mango-papaya jam (pictured above, although with a different jam). Thanks to Mimi Chacin, Program Coordinator of Common Threads Miami for her homemade jam and to Martha Stewart Cookies for the cookie recipe!
3. You can enter a raffle to win a gift certificate for dinner for two (up to $100) at Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
4. You will support Share our Strength’s campaign to end childhood hunger. During this Great Recession, this is even more important. If you need any more convincing, check out this compelling 60 Minutes about growing hunger among average schoolchildren in Florida,
9. Fairchild’s Artists in Bloom Exhibition and the American Bougainvillea Society’s Show and Sale will be going on, so there will be lots to see. Also, if you haven’t seen the whimsical sculptures of Les Lalanne around the park yet, you should!
10. If the nine reasons above haven’t convinced you or you aren’t able to attend, then please consider donating to our Share Our Strength Miami Area Food Bloggers Team web page. (And thank you!)